30 Aug - 30 Oct 17
Call for Artists:
YARAT Residency 2018
YARAT Contemporary Art Space
Bayil District (Near National Flag Square)
Baku, Azerbaijan, AZ1003
Application deadline: October 30, 2017
YARAT Contemporary Art Space invites artists to apply for the residency programme of 2018. The programme is divided into three periods (January–April, April-July, September-December) and grants selected artists an opportunity to live and work in Baku for up to three months. Each period hosts two international and two local residents.
YARAT Residency is open for artists who are engaged in open, research-based practice across disciplines and show an interest in discovering the Caucasus region. The programme engages residents in discussions with fellow artists and international arts professionals, as well as travel around Azerbaijan. Artworks resulting from the residence are exhibited at the ARTIM Project Space, Baku. YARAT Residency programme is predominantly conducted in English.
YARAT Residency offers:
- Studio spaces in YARAT Studios that houses Azerbaijani artists
- Weekly meetings with artists and YARAT curators
- Monthly meetings with international arts professionals
The residency will cover the following:
- Visa services
- Roundtrip airfare to Baku, Azerbaijan
- Local transport from and to GYD airport
- An apartment for international residents to share
- Living stipend: 700 AZN per month (including local and international taxes)
- Production support up to 1,000 AZN (including local and international taxes)
YARAT Residency Rules and Regulations
- Each artist should exhibit new work by the completion of residency period.
- Images of created art work can be used by YARAT in all forms of reproduction (including catalogues, presentations and booklets) and can be used for advertising and informational materials (such as flyers and posters).
- Residents should work on-site in YARAT Studios and gain active knowledge of the organization as a whole
- Residents should report, through an email or other media, on the creative production progress
- By the completion of residency programme all created art pieces belong to the artist. YARAT takes no responsibility to retain or arrange shipment of art pieces.
Please send your CV, portfolio in pdf format and filled in application form to email@example.com
For additional questions please do not hesitate to contact YARAT Contemporary Art Space at firstname.lastname@example.org; +994125051414
YARAT Contemporary Art Space
YARAT Contemporary Art Space is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting contemporary arts scene in Azerbaijan and creating a platform for Azerbaijani art, both nationally and internationally. Based in Baku, YARAT (create in Azerbaijani) was founded by Aida Mahmudova in 2011. The organization realises its mission through a vibrant program of cutting edge exhibitions and stimulating educational and other arts-related events. YARAT is comprised of the YARAT Contemporary Art Centre, Artim Project Space and YARAT studios.
YARAT Contemporary Art Centre
YARAT Contemporary Art Centre opened in March 2015 and is the organisation’s first permanent space. It is housed in a converted Soviet-era naval building overlooking the Caspian Sea. The Centre showcases temporary exhibitions by leading international artists, as well as the growing YARAT Collection composed of contemporary art from the Caucasus and Central Asian region And intends to become a regional hub for contemporary art and creative exchange.
YARAT Studios was conceived with a mission to create a platform for creative exchange and provide artists with working environment. The building comprises of eleven working studios which are used by Azerbaijani and visiting international artists. The studios also houses YARAT residency programme that invites international artists to stay and work in Baku for up to three months. Resulting shows are hosted by the Artim Project Space.